Hello, I am Akshay Kumaar
Being a dedicated Economics scholar from Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi and a gold medalist in Economics at the Undergraduate Level, I am currently teaching in the capacity of an Assistant Professor at University of Delhi. I specialize in the areas of Intermediate Microeconomics, Mathematical Economics, Intermediate Macroeconomics, Statistics and Econometrics. I also have good experience in tutoring students for A level Economics Course. I have detailed lecture modules for the above mentioned papers which enhance the learning process of the students and problem sets which enable them to apply the theoretical concept to solve various economic and quantitative problems. Besides building their theoretical concepts, I also believe in teaching students how various economic models work in real life. I have good communication and inter-personal skills which enable the students to comprehend and reap the benefits of my lectures.
- National Eligibility Test (NET) Qualified for Assistant Professorship in all Universities across India.
- Masters in Economics (First division) from Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi.
- B.A(Hons) Economics (Gold medalist), Sri Venkateshwara College, University of Delhi.
PROFESSIONAL TUTORING EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ Years of professional tutoring experience in teaching University level Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Mathematical Economics, Statistics, Econometrics, International Economics, Financial Economics and Public Economics across Indian Universities.
- 2+ Years of professional tutoring experience in teaching University level Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Mathematical Economics, Statistics, Econometrics across UK, US, USA and Australian Universities.
- Certified Academic Tutor with The Profs and Spires (UK) for past one year.
High School Level:
- 5+ years of professional tutoring experience in teaching CBSE Board Class 11 and 12 Mathematics and Economics.
- Good experience in tutoring Grade 12 and A level Economics (Edexcel and AQA) across UK schools.
My role as an Economics Tutor:
I believe my role as an economics tutor is to provide my students with individual assistance and support with their problems, and equally importantly, to try and ignite their interest in studying Economics at higher levels. I try and engage my students to think like an Economist and come out with solutions to various economic problems. It is essential that students not only get good grades at Universities, but also understand all Economics concepts, learn to think mathematically and solve problems themselves.
Rather than just showing them how to solve problems, I encourage students to think out of the box, while only gently prodding them in the right direction. This tends to greatly enhance their knowledge and self-confidence, and many are surprised at how well they do.
Teaching methods @DSE:
An early and enthusiastic adopter of online teaching methods, I pioneered their use during the global COVID-19 pandemic. I now teach more or less exclusively online, believing this to be the superior teaching solution in most cases. I prefer to use interactive whiteboards and live quizzes for my lessons with active participation from the students. I prefer one on one tutoring or a group of atmost 3 students in an online lesson. I also believe in the phrase that ‘Old is Gold’ and students are most welcome to meet me for face to face tutoring at my office.